Odd AI behaviour

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
redband_151
BDG

Odd AI behaviour

Post by redband_151 »

I've seen some odd AI behavior in the single player campaign that are a bit immersion killing recently.
Yesterday, I was flying as green three of a patrol over Biggin Hill when our commander called out bandits on a gruppe of DO17's. On our first pass I see nine aircraft going down one after another
like falling leaves, then one by one they all blew up at about 10K feet ( my estimate ). I fell behind and made killed off a straggler, but did not see this repeat itself. Pretty odd behavior.

A few days ago on another patrol over Biggin Hill, we had run into bombers. We got shot up a bit and by the end we had about 4 or more smoking spits heading home to base. When we started to circle for our approach all of the smokers burst into flame but continued to circle, finally to land fully ablaze.

This is an incredible game, but i hope that we might be able to track down some this odd behavior some day, do we have anyone looking into this sort of thing thing anymore?

While I am on this, when playing the single player campaign, why are the markings on many of the LW AC generic? For example, ME109's that are all white 13's and no other gruppe/ staffel markings?
Same goes with bombers.

Other than that, still having a great time with old lady. You should all be commended for your work.
Abit IP35-Pro; Intel Core 2 duo 6850 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme and 120 MM Scythe fan, 4 GB Corsair DDR2-1066, XFX (G92) 8800 GTS, OCZ Gamestream 700., 320 MB Seagate sata HDD, Asus sata 20x DVDRW w/ light scribe, and a no name floppy

PV
BDG

Re: Odd AI behaviour

Post by PV »

At this instant, no one is active on 3D AI behaviour
and coding, but to compensate the 2D campaign AI is
getting a good polishing :mrgreen:

I do recall discussions about smoking aircraft turning to
flamers. As I recall it is determined by a random computation,
so it is very odd to my understanding that four would
do the same thing at the same time. I would have to
dig to confirm that though, and you should still have
bdg access, so you could search it out as well. :roll:

redband_151
BDG

Re: Odd AI behaviour

Post by redband_151 »

I can appreciate working with the resources you have, and it looks like tremendous strides have been made on the 2D end of the game.
I'll do some digging and see if I can come up with any thing, though with my skill set don't expect much.
Abit IP35-Pro; Intel Core 2 duo 6850 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme and 120 MM Scythe fan, 4 GB Corsair DDR2-1066, XFX (G92) 8800 GTS, OCZ Gamestream 700., 320 MB Seagate sata HDD, Asus sata 20x DVDRW w/ light scribe, and a no name floppy

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”