Nominations of Mods for stock issue

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
PieceOfCake
Airman First Class

Re: Nominations of Mods for stock issue

Post by PieceOfCake »

I made another Browning machine gun sound!

It's based of Hazzie's sound. I only beefed it up a bit with some more lows, scooped some mids and killed some highs.
Stereo added too, so now it doesn't sound like a mono recording, and it fills up the cockpit more.

I also cut the start and end of hazzie's sound and glued it together so now it sounds more like 8 guns firing constantly. Hazzy's version was a bit like this: "Da-da-da-dabrrrrrrrrppppp-da-da-da-da"
So now you get more the "brrrrpp" "brrrrpp" when you burst fire ;)
A bit funny; Hazzy's version made me waste more ammo haha :D cause it felt I didn't shoot as many bullets in the beginning of the sound :D

http://www.filedropper.com/gunbrwn

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

I like the more authentic mods like this. Wonder whether the larger file size might cause a lag during big dogfights but maybe not with newer hardware. I will be posting a ground texture tool before too long which should open that as another area for modders.

PieceOfCake
Airman First Class

Post by PieceOfCake »

Boreas wrote:I like the more authentic mods like this. Wonder whether the larger file size might cause a lag during big dogfights but maybe not with newer hardware. I will be posting a ground texture tool before too long which should open that as another area for modders.
It's just a few megabytes. Tried historic missions like Battle of britain day. No lag or problems.

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Good. A while back I was testing a gun sound mod and the sound would sometimes show up a second or so after I pressed the trigger, so I trimmed it down and that fixed it. Seems likely to have been caused somehow by my system at that time though.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”