Time to List your BOBII want list, Problems, and issues

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
stickman
BDG

Re: Time to List your BOBII want list, Problems, and issues

Post by stickman »

Spitfire76,

You can do something yourself to to adjust the bomber MG15 machine guns' rate of fire and muzzle velocity.
This will also apply to the rear guns in the Stuka and ME110C.

Open the models folder in BoBII. Go down to the bottom file named Weapons, and open that.

In the Weapons file a player can adjust the muzzle velocity (exactly) and the rate of fire (roughly) for all the machine guns.
Below are the stock issue lines and factors, the yellow line is for bomber MG15 guns:

# ATTENTION: Whitespace (spaces, tabs etc) are important!
#
Weapon { LT_BULLET_RAF 7470000 8 8 BULLET } #Rowan's Baseline
Weapon { LT_BULLET_050_CAL 8800000 8 8 BULLET50 } # WK 12.08.07 US 0.50 cal machine gun Browning .50 M2
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_RAF 7500000 5 8 BULLET } #Buddye Based on Bader's 303 gun data
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_RAF 7500000 7 8 BULLET } #Test to reduce kills
Weapon { LT_BULLET_LUF 8110000 8 8 BULLET } #Rowan's Baseline
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_LUF 7750000 5 4 BULLET } #/Buddye Based on Bader's gun Data
# Weapon { LT_BULLET_LUF 7750000 7 4 BULLET } #test to reduce kills
Weapon { LT_BULLET_REAR 8110000 4 8 BULLET }
Weapon { LT_CANNON 5490000 8 4 CANNON } #Rowan's Baseline
# Weapon { LT_CANNON 6000000 16 4 CANNON } #Buddye Based on Bader's gun data
Weapon { LT_BOMB 0 50 0 BOMB }
Weapon { LT_BOMB500 0 50 0 BOMB }
Weapon { LT_BOMBPAIR500 0 50 0 BOMB2 }
Weapon { LT_BOMB1000 0 50 0 BM1000 }
Weapon { LT_CONTACT 0 0 0 DUMMY } # The last line always has to look like this. The bob.exe code may use this to find the end of the list.

In that line, the number 8110000 is the muzzle velocity, and the number 4 is the rate of fire.
This velocity number of 8110000 gives a velocity of 811 meters per second. Should be slower at 755 mps or 7550000.
This number 4 is way wrong in my opinion, and almost doubles the MG15's realistic rate of fire of 1000 rpm or 16 rps.
Should be a 7 to get 1020 rpm. You can make it 8 or 9 to slow down the rate of fire more. Higher number gives a slower rate of fire.
You can also reduce the muzzle velocity by giving it a lower number.

Here are my recent notes, and how I set up my Weapons file. Also what I will offer for v2.13.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes by stickman. 7 December, 2013:

.303 Browning
1200 rpm or 20 rps
740 mps velocity
Weapon { LT_BULLET_RAF 7400000 4 8 BULLET }
4 gives 18 rps each gun, or 1080 rpm.

MG17 Emil and ME110C
1020 rpm or 17 rps
855 or 905 (AP tracer) mps velocity
Weapon { LT_BULLET_LUF 8550000 4 8 BULLET }
4 gives 17 rps each gun, or 1020 rpm.

MG15 handheld
1000 rpm or 16.6 rps
755 mps velocity
Weapon { LT_BULLET_REAR 7550000 7 8 BULLET }
7 gives 17 rps each gun, or 1020 rpm. Using a mouse and "Historic" bdg.txt setting ON for rear guns.
7 gives 20 rps each gun, or 1200 rpm. Using a mouse and "Historic" bdg.txt setting OFF for rear guns.

MG44 kanon ME110
520 rpm or 8.6 rps
600 mps velocity
Weapon { LT_CANNON 6000000 16 4 CANNON }
16 gives 10 rps each gun or 600 rpm.
4 gives 14 rps each gun or 840 rpm.

MG44 kanon Emil
520 rpm
600 mps velocity
Weapon { LT_CANNON 6000000 16 4 CANNON }
16 gives 2 rps each gun or 120 rpm.
4 gives 4 rps each gun or 240 rpm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note bdg txt. file (BoBII root folder) line:

Do_You_Want_Increase_Firing_Rate_Of_Hand_Held_Gunners=ON # ON = Increased Firing rate to Historic for hand held guns OFF = Leave the firing rate as implemented currently

This comes set to ON by default, and actually decreases the rate of fire. I leave it ON. and adjust the Weapons file line to tune the MG15 handheld guns.

Also note MG44 kanon disparity between the ME109E and the ME110C. I currently have this set to 16, but it slows down the ME109E cannon down too much.
There are some other factors in the individual aircraft models files that influence this. It also influences the LW MG17 guns, too!
Sometime soon I will fiddle with all these factors to find a best compromise between the MG17 and MG44 machine guns.

--------------------------------------------------------

Weapons file editing notes:

1. Any line starting with # is commented out of game and is not used.

2. Do not mess with the BOMB lines. I tried, :wink: and only got crazy results.

A recent discussion about the Weapons file:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 10&t=38337

bob2w
Airman

Post by bob2w »

Hi Guys,

I've just come across this fantastic sim, bought it and added the latest 2.12 patch Wow, very impressive.
took little mucking about to get HD working, cause the desktop video setting does not work, so had to turn this off.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work, it definitely shows.

Kind Regards

bob2w
Last edited by bob2w on 08 Mar 2014, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

bob2w,

I don't know how to play Multiplayer with BoBII. Some other guys have done so OK recently.
BoBII was never a Multiplayer type of game. It has Multiplayer but it is not very polished.

There is an Instant Action Mission Editor Tool. Long time since I have used it, but I recall that it was easy to use.
One guy used it to make a whole Battle of France set of Missions.

Here is a short discussion about it, and a download for it:
http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... ion+editor

There are two different versions in the download, version 3 and version 4. I do not recall the difference.
I am not the expert on this Tool. I do know it works OK.

bob2w
Airman

Post by bob2w »

Hi Guys,

Great work and thank you so much for updating this fantastic Sim.
Just quick question, any updates on when multiplayer be completed?

I have the latest 2.12 patch installed.
I tried to setup lan party and couldn't get the join session to work, and when I finally did
which I'm not sure how, it was unstable. I know it is only beta. But for me this is what makes me love the sim even
more.

Thank you

bob2w
Last edited by bob2w on 08 Mar 2014, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

bob2w
Airman

Post by bob2w »

Hi Stickman,

Thanks for the response, Ill check that editor out.

Cheers,

bob2w

Bucksnort
Airman Basic

Post by Bucksnort »

The fix for MultiSkins will be hugely important for me to move to v2.13 permanently. I just purchased BoB2 last night and upgraded to v2.12 as I didn't want to start out on a beta. But after I get familiar with v2.12 I would be glad to test v2.13 for MultiSkin fixes. I'm a hard core IL-2 1946+DBW player but wish I had tried this game long ago as it is just great. I can already tell I'll be spending as much time playing the strategic campaign as I spend in the air :D

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Bucksnort,

Our Campaign coder is backing out some changes he made to code concerning MultiSkin.
We just got them today and will be testing them trying to track down, find, and fix the problem.
Once the three of us guys now looking at this, think we found the problem and fixed it,
We will give you (and others that wish to test) the new code and a a revised v2.13 MultiSkin.
I am hoping this may be within a week's time.

Hey, a guy going by the name of Bucksnort , sounds like a careful testing sort. :wink:

Bucksnort
Airman Basic

Post by Bucksnort »

Sounds great, Stickman.

Actually, I recently retired from a systems career and came up as a programmer. But haven't written code for many moons, so now I'll just fly :P

Two newb questions while I've got you...

1. I don't have any flyby engine sound on the Luft bombers (He 111 and Do 17...haven't tried the Ju 88 yet). I took a look at the SampleHI and Samples folders and found two bomber engine sounds: flybysbmb and flybyfbmb I think they were called. Is there any way I can get flyby engine sounds for the Luft bombers?

2. When I installed BoB2 I launched it once before I upgraded to v2.12 and I'm pretty sure I remember sound on the title page. Now I have none. Did the 2.12 upgrade remove or disable a sound file for that page. If so, can I add a .wav file of my choosing to pick up some music on that first page?

Great game and you guys at BDG have done a wonderful job of making it a whole lot better from what I can tell :D

Thanks!

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Bucksnort,
1. I don't have any flyby engine sound on the Luft bombers (He 111 and Do 17...haven't tried the Ju 88 yet). I took a look at the SampleHI and Samples folders and found two bomber engine sounds: flybysbmb and flybyfbmb I think they were called. Is there any way I can get flyby engine sounds for the Luft bombers?
If there is any level bomber flyby engine sound I think you would have to be on the ground listening to them.
I think even if you are in roving cam mode, and they fly by you, you can hear the engine sounds.
Let me try this again, and listen. Never paid much attention to this before.
2. When I installed BoB2 I launched it once before I upgraded to v2.12 and I'm pretty sure I remember sound on the title page. Now I have none. Did the 2.12 upgrade remove or disable a sound file for that page. If so, can I add a .wav file of my choosing to pick up some music on that first page?
In Rowan's BoB there was music on the title page, as I recall.
For BoBII, the music and sounds have not worked since Windows Vista I think.
I am not a sound modder and really never paid much attention at all to music and videos. There are some others that tried to get them working with Windows 7.
Quite a few threads and posts about this here, somewhere.
Some other folks could answer your sound and music questions better than I.

I do know that v2.12 never had any sound or music modifications, of any kind, done in it.

Bucksnort
Airman Basic

Post by Bucksnort »

Thanks for the answers, Stickman.

Was just looking at little tweaky things I might be able to do...no big deal at all.

When you get to the point that you need testing on the MultiSkin CTD in v2.13 just let me know and I'll upgrade at that point and would be glad to test. Probably best for me to stay with v2.12 till then as I become familiar with the game. I spend a lot of time flying in the outside view while in transit and all those different skins really make it enjoyable. The scale of the fight with all those planes in the air at one time really draws you in, not to mention the campaign side of the game. Probably the best AI I've ever seen in a WWII game!

Cheers!

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

Hi all
I suspect this is a damage modeling known, but why is it that I have cool wing damage looking out but when going to spot plane view the damage is no longer visible?
hellcat

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”