Ai and their Names

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
bloomster
Airman Basic

Ai and their Names

Post by bloomster »

Might be a daft question and correct me if I am wrong but I believe that each squadron down to individual characters is not depicted in the game. i.e. You wont see Galland or johnny Johnston flying around but you will see JG26 JG27 ZG26 and 610, 609, 40 etc... Plus what is tracked from a kill perspective, is it just numbers or are individuals tracked?

On a 2nd. question when flying as an individual Pilot Career is there a way to see how the rest of the squadron is doing, i.e. their names and kills and losses?

Cheers

Col.

MadRobbie1
BDG

Re: Ai and their Names

Post by MadRobbie1 »

Hi Bloomster,

Currently, the only names you'll see for aircrew within BoBII are the comanding officers. All the others are just referred to as "Red Two" or "Panther Three" and the like when you see the pre-flight pages and choose your position within the squadron formation.
I doubt we'll see all names included.... that would be a lot to keep track of especially if you combine detailed combat records/log books for each name. Plus, I'm not sure if there is even a complete list of all the names of German flyers that took part that in the battle that survived the war to reference from!

During a campaign, irrespective of it being a commander or pilot (spc) style, the missions that each squadron is involved with on a day-by-day basis is recorded. It will list details of the sorties and any combat experienced, the aircraft encountered, friendly support, claims and losses for aircraft and pilot losses.
To view this info, select any airfield then select any squadron based there. You'll see a button called "Diary" at the bottom of the window. Click on this to read the combat history of that and any other squadron.

The only individual whose tally is tracked is the player's own. This can be view by looking at the "Pilot Info" icon on the campaign map which will open up a window called "Log Book".
After each combat, if you open your log book, you can write your own (brief) combat report under the most recent entry and then save it for future reading/reference.

Cheers!
Rob
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

redband_151
BDG

Post by redband_151 »

MadRobbie1 is correct about the names. However, I am sure that you've seen that many of the aircraft flown by the well known pilots are depicted in the game, and can be easily spotted if you know their markings. A few, such as Galland's aircraft change skins during the game reflecting personal tastes and rank advancement. So you will see Galland, Wick and many others flying around in the game.
Abit IP35-Pro; Intel Core 2 duo 6850 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120-Extreme and 120 MM Scythe fan, 4 GB Corsair DDR2-1066, XFX (G92) 8800 GTS, OCZ Gamestream 700., 320 MB Seagate sata HDD, Asus sata 20x DVDRW w/ light scribe, and a no name floppy

tipsypo
Senior Airman

Post by tipsypo »

MadRobbie1 is correct about the names. However, I am sure that you've seen that many of the aircraft flown by the well known pilots are depicted in the game, and can be easily spotted if you know their markings. A few, such as Galland's aircraft change skins during the game reflecting personal tastes and rank advancement. So you will see Galland, Wick and many others flying around in the game.
I chose to go with No.64 RAF due to this list showing the FAA pilots that were active within the battle either within No.808 NAS or No.804 NAS or being seconded to a RAF squadron. I also tend to take the Blue 3 position and within Royal Navy Aces of World War 2 there is a quote from Sub Lieutenant Dawson-Paul about a patrol on 01/07/1940 stating that he was Blue 2 so I tend to consider Blue 2 as being Francis Dawson-Paul instead. :mrgreen:
  • Sub Lieutenant AG Blake - (FAA) British - 19
    Sub Lieutenant GGR Bulmer - (FAA) British - 32
    Sub Lieutenant F Dawson-Paul - (FAA) British - 64
    Sub Lieutenant GB Pudney - (FAA) British - 64
    Sub Lieutenant JHC Sykes - (FAA) British - 64
    Midshipman PRJ Gilbert - (FAA) British - 111
    Sub Lieutenant DH Richards - (FAA) British - 111
    Sub Lieutenant RWM Walsh - (FAA) British - 111
    Sub Lieutenant TV Worrall - (FAA) British - 111
    Sub Lieutenant IH Kestin - (FAA) British - 145
    Sub Lieutenant FA Smith - (FAA) British - 145
    Midshipman OM Wightman - (FAA) British - 151
    Sub Lieutenant GW Begg - (FAA) British - 151
    Sub Lieutenant HGK Bramah - (FAA) British - 213
    Sub Lieutenant DN Jeram - (FAA) British - 213
    Sub Lieutenant WJM Moss - (FAA) British - 213
    Sub Lieutenant JC Carpenter - (FAA) British - 229 & 46
    Sub Lieutenant RJ Cork - (FAA) British - 242
    Sub Lieutenant RE Gardner - (FAA) British - 242
    Midshipman PJ Patterson - (FAA) British - 242
    Sub Lieutenant HLF Greenshields - (FAA) British - 266
    Midshipman PL Lennard - (FAA) British - 501
    Lieutenant RA Birch - (FAA) British - 804
    Sub Lieutenant SH Bunch - (FAA) British - 804
    Lieutenant RHP Carver - (FAA) British - 804
    Midshipman MA Birrell - (FAA) British - 804 & 79
    Sub Lieutenant PSC Chilton - (FAA) British - 804
    Lieutenant JP Coates - (FAA) British - 804
    Lieutenant Commander JC Cockburn - (FAA) British - 804
    Sub Lieutenant MD Grant - (FAA) British - 804
    Sub Lieutenant DA Hutchinson - (FAA) British - 804
    Sub Lieutenant RR Lamb - (FAA) British - 804
    Lieutenant AM MacKinnon - (FAA) British - 804
    Petty Officer TJ Mahoney - (FAA) British - 804
    Lieutenant AE Marsh - (FAA) British - 804
    Sub Lieutenant WR Nowell - (FAA) British - 804
    Sub Lieutenant TRV Parke - (FAA) British - 804
    Sub Lieutenant B Paterson - (FAA) British - 804
    Sub Lieutenant NH Paterson - (FAA) British - 804
    Sub Lieutenant J Reardon-Parker - (FAA) British - 804
    Lieutenant GF Russell - (FAA) British - 804
    Petty Officer FJ Shaw - (FAA) British - 804
    Lieutenant JW Sleigh - (FAA) British - 804
    Petty Officer WEJ Stockwell - (FAA) British - 804
    Lieutenant A J Wright - (FAA) British - 804
    Sub Lieutenant RC Cockburn - (FAA) British - 808
    Petty Officer RE Dubber - (FAA) British - 808
    Sub Lieutenant GCM Guthrie - (FAA) British - 808
    Midshipman P Guy - (FAA) British - 808
    Lieutenant RC Hay - (FAA) British - 808
    Lieutenant ATJ Kindersley - (FAA) British - 808
    Sub Lieutenant RMS Martin - (FAA) British - 808
    Midshipman GW Roberts - (FAA) British - 808
    Petty Officer DE Taylor - (FAA) British - 808
    Lieutenant EWT Taylour - (FAA) British - 808
    Lieutenant RC Tillard - (FAA) British - 808
In the RAF they say an landing's ok, when the pilot gets out and can still walk away.
But in the FAA the prospect is grim, when the landings piss-poor and the pilot can't swim.
Cracking show, I'm Alive, But I've still got to render my A25!

MadRobbie1
BDG

Post by MadRobbie1 »

redband_151 wrote:MadRobbie1 is correct about the names. However, I am sure that you've seen that many of the aircraft flown by the well known pilots are depicted in the game, and can be easily spotted if you know their markings. A few, such as Galland's aircraft change skins during the game reflecting personal tastes and rank advancement. So you will see Galland, Wick and many others flying around in the game.
Yes, the multi-skin is a superb piece of work and is a magnificent addition to BoBII if your system can handle it 8)
However it should be remembered that although the individual skins are there, the personality, skill and combat record of the individual pilot depicted by the skin isn't modelled.

Then again with the AI as it is, most folks don't have the time to examine their opponant's markings in order to identify them.... just staying alive tends to become the no.1 focus, let alone getting a few rounds on target! :lol:
Win10 Home 64bit; i7-8700 3.2GHz, 32GB RAM, GTX1070 8GB, x2 500GB SSD, x1 2TB HDD, Track IR5.
Saitek: X-55, ProPedals, Throttle Quadrant, x2 ProGamer pads; VRInsight TT Panel.

All A2A aircraft, Accufeel and Aircraft Factory Corsair/P-51/Anson.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”