SCREENSHOTS

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Re: SCREENSHOTS

Post by HAZZIE »

B, a helavajob , all those prop textures; quite a No of late nite hours revising, and testing, over & over until looked ok to my eye, anyway

wish I cud slow the bloddy things down more than the code allows - needs some recoding to sort that, an then we are subject to the coders interpretation eye - pity, they ususally got very poor eyesight; jus make things worse; need artistic direction to get anything meaningful out of new code

have you only tried the Luft props now? am sure I made them x3 yrs ago? whatsa date on the file properties?

have you tried /use the raf prop textures? they have far more advanced coding than the Luft an look far better

that's the problem with this otherwise wonderful sim, is it too 'bitty' and fractured; wish the Luft pilots heads moved, Luft prop was also three-stage etc
suppose no one can afford the coders, to bring this propels closer to the 22nd century, as it appeared the bdg has refined stuff about as far as can be done due to coding limitations, so unfortunatley the so-called 'open code' becomes a bit of a joke, mainly 'casue the code.......is not open ( to all )
mebee th3 claims of open code is jus A2A marketing B.S.?

I have full 3-D a/c models, which wud like to introduce, but need open code to do this; think tho, this aspect is coveted, dont wan anyone taking the full monty and adjusting it, poss forming a seperate sim, so WoV has reached an effective road dead end

am doing more things agaIn on FSX, which irritates me as this my fav sim

your screenshot, two above = v.good, and landscape

have you done any experimenting with my trees files ( got the 'dead tree' that Stick hates)
and hedgerows -with scattering crows flying away?

(if yer look carefully, close-up, at my latest hedgerow file ( +/-6 munce ago) you will see a couple fornicating in the grass verge, Claudia Sniffer is on top )
( if yer haven't got this, and can't find it, I will post it again if yer want it # quite exciting looking for this happening amongst the daisies when yer doing 320 knots at 10')
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last WLSC

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

I like your prop spin mods, too, HAZZIE. One Mod I always load in. :)

Made a slight adjustment to the COCKPM16.dds \ j88prop LW prop spin texture, many moons ago...
Snuck it in as v2.13 stock issue. Did not tell anybody at BDG that I was doing that. My prerogative as the local LW representative. :wink:

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

I remember liking it Z but havn’t often flown the LW planes and mightn’t’v had much of a look in external view. JSGME might be the simplest program but I only had it working briefly once by luck. Will be re-doing trees next including your oak to match my current terrain tiles version. Pretty sure I havn’t seen that treeline. I think there used to be one a bit like the one here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp1SEA1Cg-U which I preferred.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

B, Ha haaaaaa - thank goodness the p%rnographers didn't get hold of the BMW bike tank, first.......

I will post a close up of the tree line file, with focus on the grass/daisy areas, and the you can see what you can ....see
Last edited by HAZZIE on 12 Feb 2016, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

nice SS

which RAF prop yer using?

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

That’s the current stock one so have just downloaded your mod again from here http://www.mediafire.com/download/dw82u ... p+Spin.zip. Might have to re-do the screenshot now :) .

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

B - if youthink this RAF propspin too bright, do your own thing on it - especially the alpha channel - quite interesting what one can do

am interested in what you can do, with your different eye

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

I looked at the main elements and watered them down quite a lot. http://www.mediafire.com/download/w906d ... as_RAF.zip

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

checking out the turf in V13 :mrgreen:
hellcat

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

Boreas wrote:I looked at the main elements and watered them down quite a lot. http://www.mediafire.com/download/w906d ... as_RAF.zip

Like it!
BTW what are you using to get your nice size screenies?
hellcat

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

yeah B, the prop looks v.good - knew you wud tone it down # will look at the file and alpha to see what you did

screen size ; you must have a 3660 w or something screen to get so many pixels?

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

I used my laptop which is 1080x1920. NVidia card at 4x antialiasing and filtering set in game at 16x anistropic. Capturing with PrintScr. MediaFire sharing menu: selected more options and chose embed size 800x600 (15 inch monitor). Nearly ready to post the revised airfield grass texture.

hellcat44
Senior Airman

Post by hellcat44 »

hellcat

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

B, with a relatively small screen, the antiliasing Mus be v.good, Fox such good screenshots

HC - nice , above

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”