belly landing

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
andqui
Airman First Class

belly landing

Post by andqui »

Is there any way to belly land? Every time I've tried it, I get the crash screen. I'm coming in at around 85 mph or so, flaps down, smooth touchdown, but the plane explodes.

How hard would it be to fix this?

keep up the good work.

Bader
BDG

Re: belly landing

Post by Bader »

You are too fast. As I recall you actually have to be around the landing speed you should be aiming for on proper landings- as close to 70 mph as you can. The prop has to touch first I think, too. Or is it last ;) Anyway, get the speed down and you should survive.

I do wonder whether the speed shouldn't be relaxed a bit, but it you aim to be really slow it should be possible.
"Ah yes, Michael (Parkinson)," Bader replied, "But these particular Fockers were Messerschmitts..."

Intel Core I7 920 @3.57GHz
GA-EX58-UD3R Mobo
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)
ATI HD4870 1024M
Win 7 Home
Saitek X52 Pro

andqui
Airman First Class

Post by andqui »

I'll try going slower, but in my opinion 10-15 mph hour wouldn't matter very much.

Maybe there should be a grey area where the player is "injured" or something like that. It's just that the main factor in determining a crash survivability is the vertical speed, and anything around 100-300 fpm should be tolerable if you're around approach speed.

Buddye
BDG

Post by Buddye »

The key to bellylanding is:

1. Landing speed "less" than the normal landing speed for the A/C you are flying
2. The Prop touches first and not the wing tips.
3. The UndercarraigePosition = Up

It was just an implementation choice. I could have considered many others parameters as you say, but they all have some issues. For example bellylanding at 300 MPH with a very low rate of decent is not a good bellylanding method on land or water and the game considers it a crash.
Buddye

Intel I7 920 4 core processor (2.66GHz, 8MB cache), 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel @1333MHz, 1.8GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295, Sound Blaster X-Fi PCI Sound Card, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit , CH Fighter Stick & Pedals ,TrackIR4 Pro

bob2w
Airman

Post by bob2w »

Hi Guys

Been along time since I posted, I'm back on BOB2 enjoying the new 2.13 Update.

It's no real biggy but I've been trying different ways to belly land a spit
and I keep crashing, I've tried with flaps down , point the prop down first going less than 80MPH
still can't get it.

Is there someway to configure the game to get Belly landings working?

cheers

Bob2w

bob2w
Airman

Post by bob2w »

I found this only video on successful belly landing:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L9MIzX56oM

but i don't think it had a patch so im going to just try it with 2.06

I was just thinking you'd be screwed losing your landing gear and couldn't belly land
I know you could load the session again and make sure your landing gear is not damaged
just give it that little more realism if it actually worked

get back to you all.

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Hi bob2w. I’m not certain it is still there but I can't think of any reason why this would have changed intentionally or otherwise. It might be too difficult in the game or maybe a favourable wind direction/speed is needed in addition to Flaps and fine prop pitch.

bob2w
Airman

Post by bob2w »

Hi Boreas, I didn't think about prop pitch, will give that a shot, I have crashed in campaign, says that i survived a nasty crash, I thought I would have died but good that wasn't the case...

Thank you

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”