Subscriber Modifications

Battle of Britain "Wings of Victory"
new reply
stickman
BDG

Re: Subscriber Modifications

Post by stickman »

HAZZIE,
PV / Stick - the PROP SPIN SPEED needs to be radically lowered - in some cases to 15% of the current rotation speed
it is heleava fast to suit the wafty - farty previous prop texture

If yer using the more definitive prop-blur features I created, they rotate far, far, to fast.
If somebody introduces a tapering side-on effect ( twin converging disks , as in most FSX models) and sorts this speed out, the prop effect will become AWESOME and A2A will sell x 10 of this product, as this is the 1st negative feature that greets a potential intern.

Can you guys arrange a coder to do this?
There is a line in the bdg.txt file that deals with prop spin rpm:

OVERRIDE_FIRST_PROP_RPM_SWITCH = 200

The Manual describes this line this way:

Different prop rotation speeds use different textures for the in-game view of the prop spinning, of which there are three textures.
The switch between one texture and the next is at a certain RPM. The value Rowan originally used for the first switch was 500 for all planes.
The value entered here (200 by default) overrides the Rowan 500 value.

----

I have never tried using different values to see what they do. I do think this line still works. Does 200 = 2000 rpm? I don't know.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Stick - brilliant input - you have unbelievable knowledge of this sim

I will test and see what happens - fervently hope this works........desperately want the prop effect to be slower
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last WLSC

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

HAZZIE,

I have forgotten half of what I used to know about this sim in the last 13 years with it.

Just that I ran across that bdg.txt line, thinking... does this do anything? It used to.. I think?
Maybe HAZZIE can fiddle with it, make it better than it is now?
Truly he is a real "prop head" and now knows more about BoBII props and their spinning, than anyone left around here now.
He complained about the prop spin just the other day. :wink:
Maybe, this bdg.txt line can help him?

Now.. if you need a reliable RPM indicator, then I can supply it to you with a modification of my 2DGauges files.
2D gauges can offer a direct digital readout of an aircraft engine's RPM.. from the models folder data.

Cooked this up for you tonight. I can delete the artificial horizon and the rotating compass / enemy position indicator if desired.
I can move the digital RPM readout anywhere on the screen, too. I put this one bottom center. Out of the way, a bit.

The Spitfire should have a decent analog RPM gauge in it's cockpit, too.
Long time since I checked it's calibration. Did so tonight.

Reads OK up to 2900 rpm. Considering the "hesitating" BoBII whore gauge pointers. :wink:
Hard for me to make the Spit prop to rotate faster than 2988 rpm, despite doing crazy flying. So after that it is all Red Line to me.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Jeeeze Stick, how'd you do that?

Am gonna put this in ( digital rpm ) as I bin experimenting with raising the power and max rpms in the BDG ( including the enemy a/c - an looking for the ability to speed up the 'real' time ie: make the sim speed +20%, to make the action utterly hectic, to see if they can shoot me down, in terminator mode: ie hone ACM skills beyond that , that is really nessesary)

Also bin trying to see if I can over power an A/C to see if I can get it to 'prop-hang' like an RC 3-D hover model, and see if can be landed on the tail wheel, vertically - quite difficult and haven't yet succeeded
- watch at 2:53 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-fceiXGD5c

btw, this is what I call 'real flying' and when you see the Ruskie females in this, who says you need testosterone?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAHuIj3oCsA

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

HAZZIE wrote:Jeeeze Stick, how'd you do that?

Yeah, it's too much work to get into the 2.13 manual, but
I'm writing up a bunch of text for the next version on stray
poorly documented bits mostly for novice flyers, and I'm gonna
see if I can get Stickman to write up a guide on how to
do all this 2D gauge stuff.

You can find a very terse and opaque outline of sort of how
to do this, in the 2DGauges folder. Basically, you get an
example set of .ini files to be activated, a list of valid line
entries for the files, and a commentary on the contents of
the example files. You then can check the main manual for
the bdg.txt entries which govern the manner and instances
in which the gauges appear. I've never been clear on how
you control whether the things get displayed or not.

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

HAZZIE,

Here are my 2dGauges:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r0uia ... n_2015.zip

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTALLATION:

1. Extract the 2dGauges stickman 2015 zip to desktop are another temporary place.
The folder extracted will be named 2dGauges.

2. Backup your original 2dGauges folder somewhere, and re-name it 2dGauges old, or some such.

3. Remove the entire folder of the original 2dGauges. Delete it you have backed it up.

4. Put my 2dGauges folder into the Battle of Britain II root folder.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I strongly advise that you do completely remove the old 2dGauges folder, and replace it with my folder
because strange & unwanted things can happen, if you do not. Especially when padlocking other aircraft Targets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES for this version that I give you.

1. The digital RPM indicator will appear with the Spitfire, Hurricane, and the Emil.
Always in the same bottom center place.

2. The only aircraft where I have yet a good RPM 3D gauge is the Spitfire.
I have not yet calibrated good 3D RPM gauges for the Hurricane, Emil, Me110, or Stuka.
(yeah.. I gotta lotta 3D gauge repairs & calibrations work yet to do. The jobs are endless and always something to do!)

3. My 2dGauges folder is also incomplete, and does not offer every possible 2dGauge for every aircraft.
(again.. I gotta lotta work to do!)
My folder only has the basics of flight info, that some players have requested.

4. I left the Artificial Horizon, the Rotating Compass with Enemy Indicator, and the WARNING LIGHT - WAR POWER enabled to show up in all aircraft.
You can turn these 2dGauges OFF or ON in the instructions below, Note 5:

5. Switching ON or OFF individual 2D Gauges:

Every 2D Gauge has a similar structure. Below is the Artificial Horizon gauge, for example,
which is the old Rowan Artificial Horizon 2D Gauge when pressing the H (for Head Up Display) key.

These lines live in each aircraft's Configuration file. The ones with the gear wheel icons, as per - Spitfire_2dGauges - (Configuration settings file)

//Artificial Horizon
{
Name = artHorizon
ScreenPosition_X = 550
ScreenPosition_Y = 11
GaugeWidth = 47
GaugeHeight = 55
GaugeType = 5 //artHoriz
DrawWhen = 1 //drawWhen: 0=never, 1=all views, 2=virtual cockpit only, 4=outside views only
RotationScaler1 = 1
RotationScaler2 = 1
NeedleStartAngle1 = 0
NeedleStartAngle2 = 0
NeedleMapIndex1 = 0
NeedleMapIndex2 = 0
NeedleSizeScaler1_W = -.001
NeedleSizeScaler1_H = 0
NeedleSizeScaler2_W = -.001
NeedleSizeScaler2_H = 0
NeedleCenterAdj1_X = 0
NeedleCenterAdj1_Y = 0
NeedleCenterAdj2_X = 0
NeedleCenterAdj2_Y = 0
MaxValue1 = 0
MinValue1 = 0
MaxValue2 = 0
MinValue2 = 0
GaugeFaceBitmapNumber = .\2dGauges\BALL03.pcx //38 //BALL03 //all images are .pcx files-no alpha
Needle1BitmapNumber = 37 //BALL02 //.pcx file - This image is the gauge alpha
Needle2BitmapNumber = .\2dGauges\BALL01.pcx //36 //BALL01 //.pcx file forms moving center of gauge
Label =
LabelColor = 0
DisplayColor = 0
}

Highlighted in yellow is the Drawwhen switch to turn ON a 2D Gauge.
It is actually a 4-Way switch. You can select 3 different view types you want it be ON, or OFF always.
To turn it OFF always set the number as 0.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note 6.
There is a lot of stuff that Scott and his A2A coder added in 2D Gauges.
Ammo Counters, Ammo Belt ammo counter indicator, Flaps Up, Flaps Down, Gear Up, Gear Down, etc. that I never thought should be included into a "Head Up Display".
All these textures are included in my 2dGauges folder, I just never never added those lines and textures into my aircraft Configuration Settings.
Just the flight control basics, for me.
Plus.. I made a lot of new textures and calibrated the 2D Gauges better. I made the Rotating Compass first, as that is nice to have Up, for me.

Scott made a Damage Indicator which I never yet used until today.
It is made up of several parts, with 3 degrees of damage for each part. None (green) Light (yellow) and Heavy (red).
Parts are:
- Engine
- Canopy (which I would have called Cockpit)
- Outer Left Wing
- Outer Right Wing
- Inner Left Wing
- Inner Right Wing
- Left Tail
- Right Tail
- Fin (rudder)

Today I hurriedly assembled this Damage Indicators into the Me109 Config file. Moved the Emil Artificial Horizon down below it.
You can turn all of this stuff off, HAZZIE, setting the Drawwhen lines to 0.

Flying slowly over Debden in an Emil, collecting 40mm Bofors bullets:

First hits on first pass over:

Continuing to present an easy Target, I collect some more 40mm ground fire:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note 7.
This 2dGauges folder is made for a wide screen monitor.
I have an old 4x3 resolution make, which I can supply if needed. In a few days..

Some day.. I will make better 2dGauges folders. 18x9 and 4x3 resolutions, and write the definitive set of editing instructions.
After I fix the rest of the 3D gauges,
fix all the rest of the Factories, Docks, and Radars,
make better LW airfields with better Take Off & Landing patterns for them,
and fiddle experiment trying to find better sea looks.

Aloha!

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Gonna do this today - thx Stick

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Yes, there's an important piece of information missing
from the instructions in the 2DGauge folder: there are
two sets of .ini files there; both have DrawWhen set to
1 for at least some entries, but not all of them display.
The displayed files must have the exact names of the
form <aircraft type>_2DGauges.ini - ones with the
leading "COMPASS_" do not show. The default files
are set to show the original Rowan artificial horizon only.
And the files display when the H key toggle, for Head up
display is active.

I will add this information to the text note in the 2D Gauge
folder for the 2.13 release.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Stick - TOL (no shadows ) as promised

Yer right, the roofs (rooves) look much better ( somehow - mebee some things look better as being 'computerised' )

D/L https://www.mediafire.com/folder/oc5d1b5ci2fx0//TOL-2
watch out - these files go in all over the show in the most illogical fashion

also....... got the Cross of Saint George's , to flap around a bit...... in the heavy east wind which continuously blows around here .... ( btw.... the earliest & foremost boys school in Rhodesia..... was called Saint George's College -my grandfather went to it circa WWI )
& fixed the shadowline ( to become visible ) under the onion turrets / darkened them a bit so not so silver - more lead like

George slayed the Dragon, blah, blah......

some photographs from doing the tourist thing in July - nice day

either this guys pant are too short or he is still growing......

Stick's favourite part......... wonder how many lost their heads shortly after ingressing thru here ?
there's about 3 mil GBP at the bottom of this pond in coins - mebee 1 m deep ( prob bloody Chinese cant resist superstition issues around luck )

stickman
BDG

Post by stickman »

Stick - TOL (no shadows ) as promised

Yer right, the roofs (rooves) look much better ( somehow - mebee some things look better as being 'computerised' )
Thank you HAZZIE. I am pleased.
Yes the roofs (rooves) do look better. :wink:

Even with the NICHT BOMBARDIEREN and Kilroy was here! ... funny stuff on the White Tower roof. :P

Nice photos you took there.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

revised the Crown logo - got advised that each monarch gets a new crown comissioned ( value as high as £ 1.0 bil ) and King George's is completely different to the present EIIR AS WELL AS A NEW LOGO / Coat of Arms.
King George's initials LOGO was GVIR
Also saw all the different crowns commissioned for each new monarch - jus forgot about this aspect, as that 'Ole Bag been around so long.
( inside this place, there about x15 or so sets of crowns going back to Charles II 1661, and unbelievably ornate Orbs, swords and sceptres, armills, plates, rings bracelets, ampullas, horse spurrs and sugar spoons. Jus like granma's collection, except worth ten billion more )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_Jew ... dom#Crowns

this is about 5% of what is on display inside that place - they worth billions upon billions...... no wonder Corbyn wants to auction x3pieces per year to fund austerity and the poor for the next 100 yrs.
He cud also give something back to India and Africa, from where all the ingredients originated under slave labour.
( this pic off the Net, as yer not allowed to take photos inside - I don't believe they the real pieces anyway - far, far to valuable to jus put behind v.thick glass )
wonder if the royalty got the same sort of kick out of fondling those Orbs, as did Woody Allen in 'The Sleeper'. Wonder if the women fondled the orbs, while the males fondled swords?

gonna cost a fortune to change all this when the Ole Bag finally goes

George VI's logo

I read years ago that the Brits painted this "dont bomb" in German on the roof, but now cannot find any reference to this on the net
( Hitler loved the Brit Monarchy, incl the prev King whom ghot thigh-funnelled by an American woman, regarded by the Brits, as a whore, and thought they wud welcome his arrival - that apart from Goering annexing the billions in pillaged value from TOL for his extended personal art collection, once they had conquered the RAF )
D/L revised G VI R logo-roof paint https://www.mediafire.com/folder/a1sjj2o791qot//TOL-3

a TOL photo not in above post ( duplicated another pic erroneously ) - inside the main court looking East ( the building in the distance does not exist in BoB2, btw)
BTW, the crown jewels are not in the centre building ( right in pic below) - it not big enough for the extensive display - they in the large long building to the North side ( left in photo below) as it has far more space and doesn't have steps ( the execution dungeons are under center building so's they can be taken there directly from the gate on the south side )
Sooooo.... if the Germans had targeted this place, they prob wud have bombed the wrong building in the center in a Spike Milligan moment and killed all their traitor spys!

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

sTICK / pv, please can you help?

I have a new hard drive ( partitioned ) until i get replacement SSD ( i installed BoB + patch + multiskin on that drive- worked OK ) but it popped shortly after, so have got new temp drive ( 2 x Terra partitioned)

parts of the original users were transferred across ( for emails etc ) to new drive

i have new installed BoBII ( from a 2005 cd ) then 2:12 patch - then 2:11 Multiskin, but always get this error message when trying to EXE BoB

any idea why getting this error, and how to fix ? possibly something wrong with the D/Ls 2:12 + MulitS, or cud it be the 2005 disk?

thanks in advance

this when auto-linked to M.S. dx9 page - as this page doesn't exist anymore
( however I transferred the prev dx9-30.dll to winSys & POW winsys - mebee that dont workk?)

this when install Multiskin ( as it is titled 2:11 - not 2:12 ???)
IS THIS AT ALL RELEVANT?

arquillos
Staff Sergeant

Post by arquillos »

Hi Hazzie,
just the usual verifications...
- DirectX installed?
- Bob started as Admin?
- Bob Desktop composition?

DirectX download

And about the "Program Compatibility Assistant" window....forget about everything windows throws at you ;)

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

Wow, I've never seen a "compatibility assistant" message before.
That is Windows being a bit too helpful - yes, prior to path v2.13,
the current versions were exe v2.12, multiskin 2.11. That is
Windows 7? And of course, you don't want to invoke any compatibility,
BoB wants to run natively in Win7.

You must do a full DirectX 9.0c (dated later than May 2010, at
least) install to get functionality. You can get away with an older
version by copying *all* of files d3dx9_nn.dll where nn is all integers
between 24 and 43 to Windows\System32\, I think, but it won't
work without the rest of the DX9 base present.

HAZZIE
Technical Sergeant

Post by HAZZIE »

Did Arq dx download but am unsure if dx file there is correct

Still got BoB.exe error.

dunno what 'Bob Desktop composition' is?

What are your (Arq & PV 's ) dx 9 files in Windows sys / POW sys ? So' I can compare. An where?

PV, your opinion on the base installation being 2005/6 BoB CD, which, before 2.12 patch, if try to run, gives a Starforce error - see detail below

On the prev SSD installation i purchased a BoB II online as cuddent find the 2006 disk, an installtion, patch 2.12 & multiskin installed and worked all OK. Even posted comments to Stick about 2:12, so this not a figment ( which is sometimes a problem nowadays)
However this d/l was lost aswell as the confirmation email when the SSD popped.
Then found the 2006 disk for this installation and have been using that. Possibly the issue lies with the original BoB installation CD ghott issues or is out of date?

How can I contact A2A to retriev the BoB d/l from 10 days or so ago, to test this theory (if you think worthwhile) without having to purchase it again ( although only $20 or so - wasteful if this problem not solved having spent $40) ?

Or possibly related to the New Windows 7 installation ( with prev Win licence key)?
(There no Windows updates enabled, as this was taking 12 hrs or so, so did a clean install/ no updates to get going faster)

Or possibly related to the transfer of prev USER files from orig drive?

Or possilby related to the new Monster I7 gaming motherboard, and or the new Monster graphics card ? ( Nvidia Geforce 980 Ti - bloody expensive )

Or possibly too much RAM 32.0 GB etc etc for this old BoB prog? ditto Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s) ( ie: too much speed for a dos based prog?)
( please don't tell me i gotta get a slower computer to run BoB - can BoB run at 4 000 Mhz ? - don wanna go back to FSX - that'll put me into a mental institution )
what worries me is the system directory says 32 ( not 64?)

below are the STARFORCE error information first couple of lines ( of hundreds ) ( obtained before installing patches 2:12 or multiskin )
you can see the Win version in this: OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional: Ver 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601. is this OK?

Dear User!

This file contains detailed information on the problem occurred.
Save the file and forward it to your product Customer Support.
Web page: http://www.gmxmedia.net/support/

------------------------------ Information ------------------------------

[Error Information]
3.5.10.6; 0; 241

[Protected Product Information]
CompanyName = GMX Media
ProductName = Battle of Britain 2
BuildSignature = 3.05.010.006, 17.10.05
ProductGuid = {6033F34806FDE6A637188D96E73E1DBE}
BuildGuid = {5b3a4ccb-f8d8-4575-9414-076a9ced18d0}

[Report Information]
ReportDate = Wednesday, November 11, 2015
ReportTime = 16:19 PM
ClientTimeZone = South Africa Standard Time
ClientTimeBias = -120

[System Information]
System Information report written at: 11/11/15 16:18:51
System Name: ADMIN-PC
[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ADMIN-PC
System Manufacturer MSI
System Model MS-7916
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 4001 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V1.9, 2015/02/13
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale South Africa
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name ADMIN-PC\ADMIN
Time Zone South Africa Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 29.4 GB
Total Virtual Memory 63.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 61.1 GB
Page File Space 31.9 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

and the last few lines
2015/11/06 11:56 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0&#x000d;&#x000a;Event Name: PnPGenericDriverFound&#x000d;&#x000a;Response: Not available&#x000d;&#x000a;Cab Id: 0&#x000d;&#x000a;
2015/11/06 11:56 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0&#x000d;&#x000a;Event Name: PnPDriverNotFound&#x000d;&#x000a;Response: Not available&#x000d;&#x000a;Cab Id: 0&#x000d;
2015/11/06 14:35 Application Hang The program Setup.exe version 11.0.50131.17379 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
2015/11/06 14:35 Application Hang The program CorsairLink_Installer_RC_v3.2.5742_signed.exe version 3.2.5742.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”