Post by PV »

While you're tweaking the aircraft, have you looked at the .fx
files' relative brightness controls for them? I played around with
the one for the spit once, subdued the brightness of the underside
so it wouldn't look like it was being lit from underneath while it
was sitting on the ground. The description is here:
http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 10&t=30369
unfortunately the image files are still inhibited by photobucket as
I haven't gotten round to transferring them to a new host yet.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Re: Subscriber Modifications

Post by rogeroger »

Howzit PV

I saw this thread a while ago and had saved it to my BOB2 store folder along with the water and cloud adjustment threads. I tried to fix the abbey shine problem by adjusting those values.
I'll apply this adjustment to fx files in my recent install and upload the adjusted files when I'm done.

edit: I just realized that if multiskin is enabled, every aircraft skin in the multiskin folder would need a fx file for this effect to work. This would take a while. Would the fx files be placed in the MultiSkinTextures folder as well ? I'm assuming they would.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

These terrains are a radical rework of jb cfs3 terrain images. They are not meant to be seasonally correct, just something I currently want to zoom over in my raf campaign.

ALTBOB 2.1
------------

This terrain set was created specifically for use with the enb/reshade version provided. ScrLK

key toggles enb/reshade.

To adjust brightness, change the hdr settings in sweetfx.cfg file in the Reshade folder.

An optional darkened nimbus.dds file is provided in the weather folder to counter the over

exposed effect created by the shaders.

I've reworked tree colours and boosted the contrast of most building textures to make them

more vibrant. These are in the cockm16 folder.

I've boosted the contrast of some aircraft in the MultiSkin folder( MultiSkin must be enabled in the bdg.txt file).

GET IT HERE:http://www.mediafire.com/file/8i3br5ycb ... OB_2.1.zip

ALTBOB 2.2

-----------

This terrain set was created for use with or without the enb/reshade version provided. I've used

the shaders for fxaa. ScrLK key toggles enb/reshade.

To adjust brightness, change the hdr settings in sweetfx.cfg file in the Reshade folder.

I've reworked tree colours and boosted the contrast of most building textures to make them

more vibrant. These are in the cockm16 folder.

I've boosted the contrast of some aircraft in the MultiSkin folder so that they work better with

the terrain( MultiSkin must be enabled in the bdg.txt file).

GET IT HERE:http://www.mediafire.com/file/kop8kena4 ... BOB2.2.zip

--------------------------------

I will rework the default non-multiskin aircraft skin files at a later date.

Reshade/enbseries note:
----------------------

I used a sweetfx/enbseries with my first altbob terrain which caused a ctd when attempting a 2nd quick

or campaign mission. Having to exit and resart the sim after each mission was a bit of a pain. I'm not sure if this is a universal problem or just my graphics card.

I recently discovered a reshade/enbseries combo which works perfectly without the above-mentioned

problem. I've set it up to look like the sweetfx/enbseries version but without dof.

For depth of field you can enable tiltshift in customFX.cfg file in the reshade folder and tweak the settings for the desired effect. These are good settings:

Code: Select all

////-------------//
///**TILTSHIFT**///
//-------------////
#define USE_TILTSHIFT 1 //[TiltShift] //-TiltShift effect based of GEMFX

//>TiltShift Settings<\\
#define TiltShiftPower 2.0 //[0.0:100.0] //-Amount of blur applied to the screen edges
#define TiltShiftCurve 3.0 //[0.0:10.0] //-Defines the sharp focus / blur radius
#define TiltShiftOffset -0.6 //[-5.0:5.0] //-Defines the sharp focus aligned to the y-axis
#define TiltShift_TimeOut 0 //[0:100000] //-Defined Toggle Key will activate the shader until time (in ms) runs out. "0" deactivates the timeout feature.
#define TiltShift_ToggleKey VK_SPACE //[undef] //-

Result

Last edited by rogeroger on 13 May 2018, 19:19, edited 6 times in total.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

I have relocated manston and hawkinge trees for the altbob2 terrains.

It is recommended that you have BOB2 VERSION 2.13 and RR UPDATE3 installed.

Copy the objectadds folder to bob2 main directory and overwrite.

The 4 largest manston/hawkinge files are blank, I dont use these for fps reasons. The originals may be edited at a later date.

GET IT HERE: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xnziv1h3 ... 0TREES.zip

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

I created altbob2.1 for use with the shader provided but it does not look too bad with it disabled. If you prefer this look disable all shaders except for FXAA and tilt shift for DOF, or maybe just use altbob 2.2's reshade folder and enable tiltshift if you want DOF.

Mickvet
Senior Airman

Post by Mickvet »

Roger, thanks for these. They look great and offer some attractive alternative terrains.

[by the way, what is 'tiltshift'?]

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

Howzit Mickvet, and you are most welcome. :)

Tiltshift is a Depth of field(slightly blurs edges of the screen) effect and is one of the shaders that makes up part of the reshade/enbseries shader suite that I included in the zip file.

If you open the reshade folder you will find the following configuration files: SweetFX.cfg, McFX.cfg, GemFX.cfg, CustomFX.cfg, Common.cfg, BasicFX.cfg.

These configuration files allow you to enable or disable certain effects such as anti-aliasing(fxaa), depth of field (tiltshift),dynamic lighting(hdr), bloom effects ,blur effects and image sharpening to name but a few.

If you open the CustomFX.cfg file you will find the settings for the TILTSHIFT effect about a third of the way down.

To enable the effect set "#define USE_TILTSHIFT" to either a "0" to disable the effect, or a "1" to enable it.

The TiltShiftPower value can be adjusted to increase or decrease the effect.

Code: Select all

////-------------//
///**TILTSHIFT**///
//-------------////
#define USE_TILTSHIFT 1 //[TiltShift] //-TiltShift effect based of GEMFX

//>TiltShift Settings<\\
#define TiltShiftPower 2.0 //[0.0:100.0] //-Amount of blur applied to the screen edges
#define TiltShiftCurve 3.0 //[0.0:10.0] //-Defines the sharp focus / blur radius
#define TiltShiftOffset -0.6 //[-5.0:5.0] //-Defines the sharp focus aligned to the y-axis
#define TiltShift_TimeOut 0 //[0:100000] //-Defined Toggle Key will activate the shader until time (in ms) runs out. "0" deactivates the timeout feature.
#define TiltShift_ToggleKey VK_SPACE //[undef] //-

By enabling and adjusting certain Reshade effects you can change lighting, vibrance and colours to suite your personal taste.

PV
BDG

Post by PV »

rogeroger wrote:

edit: I just realized that if multiskin is enabled, every aircraft skin in the multiskin folder would need a fx file for this effect to work. This would take a while. Would the fx files be placed in the MultiSkinTextures folder as well ? I'm assuming they would.
No, the .fx file applies to the final object, not to the skin, so only
one file is required for each 3D object type. These files are in \cockpm16\

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

This fixes a section of the ramsgate harbour inner wall that is missing in RR UPDATE 3.
Place the contents of the zip file in your objectadds folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3romwmr4u ... ur_fix.zip

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

A nice reshade/enb setting that works for altbob and bolder greens stock terrains.

GET IT HERE:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4nd3dpb88 ... b_boB2.zip
Last edited by rogeroger on 13 May 2018, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

A TREE FIX FOR THE ALTBOB2.2 TERRAIN ONLY. just pop this file in the Cockm16 folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/h9d5pef9p ... treeGW.zip

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Great pics rogeroger. I edited the stock ground textures further to remove most of the larger clusters of 2d trees and did some general tidying. Seems to look alright.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/joejy6jbx ... _trees.zip

If I go through all the tiles one more time removing some more trees then hopefully that will be about sufficient.

I've been testing some scaled to half the size runway dithers recently (I might have posted these before). Looks better on the ground to me.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t3sbk8h75 ... ithers.zip
Last edited by Boreas on 28 Dec 2017, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

I've created an fx file for the spit cockpit that enhances light and shade for the cockpit frame. I've put together a short crappy video to give you a visual. I'm busy with a stock terrain rework as you can see here. I have yet to create a fartiles .bin file, so distant terrain looks wierd.

I used no reshade or sweet fx when making the video. The cockpit "sun" effect looks quite awsome with reshade, but the shader suite unfortunately was causing bad stutters while making the vid so I removed the files.

The effect can be increased or reduced in the fx file.

Get crappy short video here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8a3ten8ak ... effect.zip

Last edited by rogeroger on 27 Dec 2017, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.

rogeroger
Staff Sergeant

Post by rogeroger »

This enables the enhanced cockpit lighting for the spitfire. The Spit3.fx file must be placed in the cockm16 folder if you want to try it. For now I only have a fx file for the spitfire.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kattzf5yp4ab3i1/Spit3.zip

Boreas
Technical Sergeant

Post by Boreas »

Looks brilliant rogeroger. I don't know about fx files but I’m wondering wether the same sort of thing would work on the multi-skin external aircraft textures (the non-cockpit reflection in your video also look very good but I'm guessing they are to do with SweetFX).

new reply

Return to “BOB2 General Discussion”